When I think of what I hope for in a city councilor, the following comes to mind:
- Someone who listens well.
- Someone who can think critically while maintaining an open mind.
- Someone who, given new and better facts, is not too stubborn to amend or change their opinion.
- Someone who manages money well.
- Someone with a sense of humor.
- Most of all, someone who cares about and never forgets those who will inherit the results of today’s decisions years down the line.
Newport’s City Councilor Dietmar Goebel fits this bill. Re-elect him!