Dana Jenkins, Lincoln County Clerk, reminds all registered voters to vote their ballot and mail it in by May 12. Drop sites are also available until 8 p.m. on May 19.
This election is the Oregon Primary Election. Oregon has closed primary elections, which means only Democrats and Republicans can vote on partisan positions. All other voters vote on nonpartisan positions only. The deadline to change your party for this election was April 28.
Those who are registered Democrats will have ballots with a green bar across the top and will be voting for Democratic and nonpartisan candidates. For registered Republicans, ballots will have a yellow bar across the top, and they will be voting for Republican and nonpartisan candidates.
For people who are registered in any other party or who are not a member of a party, their ballots will be all white, and they will be voting for nonpartisan candidates only.
People who need to drop a ballot off at an official drop site (recommended after May 12), can do so at the following locations up until 8 p.m. on May 19:
• Lincoln City Drive-up Drop Box: Lincoln City City Hall – located in the lower parking lot under the city hall.
• Lincoln County Courthouse Drive-up Drop Box in Newport: Lincoln County Courthouse – located in rear parking lot at the east end of the second row of parking.
• Toledo Drive-up Drop Box: Toledo Police Station – located at the exit of the police station parking lot.
• Waldport Drive-up Drop Box: Waldport City Hall – located at the exit of the city hall parking lot.
• Newport City Hall: Use outside water payment (and ballot) box between bus stop and Chevron
in front of Newport City Hall.
• Depoe Bay City Hall: Use outside water payment (and ballot) box in front of city hall.
• Siletz City Hall: Use outside water payment (and ballot) box in front of city hall.
• Yachats City Hall: Use outside water payment (and ballot) box in front of city hall.
• Eddyville Community Church: for use on May 19 (Election Day) only, from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
For more information, call the Lincoln County Clerk at 541-265-4131.