LINCOLN CITY — The city of Lincoln City seeks applicants for numerous volunteer board and committee seats currently available.
Applications for all of the positions can be found at the city’s website (www.lincolncity.org) under the “boards and committees” tab. Lincoln City residents can also request a volunteer application by calling 541-996-1203 or sending an email to [email protected]
The following is a list and brief description of the opportunities available:
• Two positions with four-year terms are available on the city’s Planning Commission, which meets the first and third Tuesdays of every month. These seats are open to city and/or urban growth boundary residents.
The Planning Commission assists the Lincoln City City Council in development and revisions of the city’s comprehensive plan and development standards. It also makes decisions on land-use issues, such as planned subdivisions, conditional use permits and planning code variances.
The Planning Commission reviews master plans, such as the Walking and Biking Plan and Transportation System Plans, before the city council considers them for adoption and occasionally participates in joint-work sessions with the council.
• Three positions with three-year terms are available on the city’s Parks and Recreation Board, which meets at 7 p.m. every third Wednesday of the month at the Lincoln City Community Center. The seats are open to Lincoln County School District-North and/or urban growth boundary residents.
The advisory board studies and provides recommendations to the city council on parks and recreation-related matters.
• Four positions with three-year terms are open to city and/or LCSD-North residents on the city’s Arts Committee. One of the seats on the committee, which meets at 4:15 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month, is delegated for an arts organization member.
The Arts Committee advises the city council on art-related issues, acquisition of public works of art and performs other art-related functions at the discretion of the city council.
• The Driftwood Public Library Board seeks applicants for two city and/or urban growth boundary residents to serve three-year terms and one high school student from the LCSD-North district to serve a three-year term.
The board, which meets at 3:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month in the library’s Fischer Room, helps the library provide information services to area citizens.
• One position with a three-year term is available on the city’s Sustainability Committee, which meets at 5 p.m. the second Wednesday of each month. The position is open to city and/or urban growth boundary residents.
The committee worked with city staff the last four years on implementation of the 2012 Walking and Biking Plan to improve facilities for alternative transportation and recreation. The five-member committee seeks citizens interested in continuing working on the plan and additional sustainability efforts.
• The Transient Room Tax Committee meets annually in January and as needed to hear appeals. It seeks four volunteers, all of whom must be involved in a business with financial bookkeeping or accounting experience. One vacancy must be filled by a motel owner/operator and one must be filled by a city resident.
Applicants don’t need to be Lincoln City residents as long as their office is located within Lincoln City and if they reside within 12 miles of the city limits.
• The city’s Visitor and Convention Committee seeks four volunteer city residents and/or business owners to fill three-year terms. The committee, which meets at 4 p.m. every third Tuesday of the month at the Lincoln City Culinary Center, assists in the improvement of the city’s marketing and tourism industry. It advises both the city council and the Lincoln City Visitor and Convention Bureau.