Intoxicated motorcyclist arrested in Lincoln City

A motorcyclist driving under the influence of intoxicants attempted several times to elude Lincoln City police officers on Wednesday. He was ultimately taken into custody after crashing into a police vehicle and a parked car in a hotel parking lot.

Man leads police on chase, is subdued by TASER

Lincoln City police officers apprehended an intoxicated motorcyclist after a series of brief pursuits at around noon on Wednesday, Feb. 10.

Officers first observed the motorcyclist traveling at a high rate of speed and running stop signs on Northwest 36th Street, in a residential neighborhood. Officers attempted a traffic stop, but the motorcyclist sped away north on Highway 101 by quickly accelerating to more than 70 miles per hour. 

Officers discontinued the pursuit due to public safety concerns, but a short time later, they found the same motorcyclist stopped on Northeast 18th Place and attempted another traffic stop. The motorcyclist sped off again and as before, the pursuit was not continued. 

A few minutes later, officers located the suspect stopped at the Surftides hotel parking lot and attempted a third traffic stop. The suspect tried to evade police again but drove down a dead-end parking lot nearby.

The motorcyclist turned around and, while attempting to flee again, drove into a Lincoln City Police Department patrol vehicle, causing minor damage before running into another parked vehicle in the same parking lot. The impact with the parked vehicle disabled the motorcycle and caused significant damage to that parked vehicle. The suspect driver left his motorcycle and began running away on foot, but he only made it a short distance before a TASER was deployed and the man was taken into custody. There were no reported injuries during this incident.

The suspect was subsequently identified as 39-year-old Jeremy Lee Boone, of Chico, Calif. During the follow-up investigation, officers observed indicators of Boone being under the influence of intoxicants. He was transported to the Lincoln City Police Department, where tests showed his blood alcohol content to be more than two times the legal limit for operating a vehicle.  

Boone was transported to the Lincoln County Jail, where he was lodged on charges of eluding police by vehicle (three counts), eluding police by foot, felony DUII, reckless driving, hit and run (two counts), interfering with police, and criminal mischief in the second degree (two counts). His bail was set at $305,000.


More In Local News