Fire causes motel evacuation

A room fire originated in a microwave at the Best Western in Lincoln City.

LINCOLN CITY — North Lincoln Fire and Rescue experienced two structure fire calls the first two days of 2019.

Fire crews and Lincoln City Police were dispatched to a motel fire on Wednesday, Jan. 2, around 5:45 p.m. The blaze prompted the evacuation of the Best Western at 535 Northwest Inlet in Lincoln City.  The fire was contained to one unit but caused significant damage. The fire started in or around a microwave and spread to the kitchen cabinets. The motel was able to reoccupy approximately an hour later.  
Nestucca Fire and Depoe Bay Fire moved up into the district for coverage during both these fires and the Lincoln City Police Department assisted in evacuating the occupants of the motel.

On New Year's Day at 8 p.m.,  a home fire in Otis at 373 North Fawn Drive was reported by a neighbor who saw smoke coming from a window.  North Lincoln fire crews rapidly extinguished the fire and contained it to the rear of single-wide dwelling. However, smoke and roof damage will make the home unlivable; no one was home at the time of the fire.

No injuries were reported in either incident.

— North Lincoln Fire and Rescue